Wednesday, July 4, 2012


Happy Fourth of July, America!

Not only am I celebrating my American heritage independence from the tyranny of the oppressive British rule, but on this fourth of July, I am proud to celebrate my independence from bad food---hot dogs, hamburgers and white buns, macaroni salad, ice cream and cake.  Instead, our picnic this year is tomato and cucumber salad, corn on the cob, skewered chicken, lamb kabobs, marinated green beans and dark chocolate chili frozen pot de crème (on a stick for the kids!)

And, I am also celebrating the release of my latest ebook for Kindle, EAT SMART, AMERICA---having just gotten the word from Amazon.  This one is a prequel to the next in my series of Cooking Skills for Life, Volume 2, Good Food Bad Food to be released in August.  Eat Smart, America---an anti-aging diet primer introduces the reader to a way of eating that reduces inflammation in the body and therefore, reduces the risk for age related chronic disease. 

Those of you who have been following me on this blog and on my facebook page know that I firmly believe that all age related chronic disease is the result of inflammation, a result of a diet high in inflammatory foods---meat, dairy, refined grains and sugar.  I practice what I preach and have enjoyed the benefits of eating a diet rich in alkaline producing foods---foods which have rid me of those same age related symptoms of pre- diabetes, pre, cholesterolemia, pre-hypothyroid, joint and muscle aches and pains, psoriasis, dry skin, and on and on and on, that we all expect as we age.  Well, it doesn’t have to be that way.  Eat Smart, America will show you the way it should be!

Lastly, due to eating a diet rich in alkaline producing food, I am celebrating my independence from prescription drugs, medical offices, anti-inflammatories, antihistamines and decongestants.  Eat smart, America!


Buon Appetito e Buona Salute, Chef AngelaB

P.S.  My current book As Good As It Gets  which teaches the basic cooking methods you need to cook fresh foods from scratch is also available now at  http://www.amazon.com/As-Good-It-Gets-Cooking/dp/1477466886/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338323791&sr=8-1.  All proceeds from my books will be used to open the first EAT SMART restaurant to serve anti aging gastronomy in the upstate SC.    I am 75% of the way there with funding.  Every book I sell gets me one tiny step closer.  For your support and generosity---thank you.  

No comments: