Tuesday, April 3, 2012


Day 3 Tuesday

As I suspected would happen, my husband is to blame for my falling off the wagon so to speak so soon!  We went on a day trip, yesterday, to explore the Hartwell Dam area.  Since we are new to this area, we try to get out every now and then and discover new sights.  Yesterday it was the recreation areas on the Savannah Basin around the dam and Lake Hartwell.  By the time we returned, it was past my usual dinner time, I had skipped an afternoon snack, and was famished.  It didn’t take much encouragement from my husband to join him in a couple of cocktails.  That, on top of the late hour, was my downfall.  I stuck to my diet plan, almost.  I think the portions were just a little too…large!  Well, today is back on the wagon day and so far so good.

Menu for Day 4

Breakfast:   Coffee black with cinnamon, peanut butter on whole grain toast
Lunch:  Avocado, tomato and sprouts sandwich on whole grain toast, side dish of pickled onion, cold roasted brussel sprouts and roasted red pepper slices
Dinner:  Skipping the wine tomorrow night!  Grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, fresh tomato salsa, garlic spinach and grilled Romaine with Basil Green Goddess dressing

Buon Appetito,  Angela B


No comments: